Terms, Conditions & Policies
(Updated 18 November 2010)
- General Disclaimer
- The Personal Information we hold
- Security of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
- Personal Information on Children and Young People
- Other Links
This document is a summary of the way AussieHQ manages personal information it collects on:
- people who access its website; and
- people who contract with the company for the provision of services ('customer').
The policy is based on the National Privacy Principles that apply to private businesses under the Privacy Act, 1988 (Commonwealth). The National Privacy Guidelines can be accessed at www.privacy.gov.au/business/guidelines/index.
In summary, our policy is to:
- collect only as much personal information on you as we require to provide you with an effective service and meet our legal obligations;
- hold the information in a secure manner;
- give you access to the information if you request it and the means to change it if it is incorrect; and
- destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
This policy statement may be amended from time to time. Our website will always display the up-to-date version.
There are inherent risks in transmitting information across the Internet. We can give no absolute guarantee that all data, including personal information, provided via the Internet is secure from unauthorized use.
The Personal Information we hold
If you are, or intend to be, a customer of AussieHQ, we collect basic data that includes your name, address, age, gender, telephone and facsimile numbers, domain name, email address and credit card details (if you choose to pay online).
If you make inquiries about our products and services we collect some or all of the above data. We may also record telephone conversations as an aid to training our staff. We will seek your agreement before any voice recording is made. We also hold copies of any correspondence that passes between us.
From time to time we may survey our customers to assist us in planning and delivering better services. The provision of this information will be voluntary and our intended use will be clearly identified at the time of collection.
Security of Personal Information
We store most of your personal information on servers which are housed in a secure environment with 24 hour surveillance. Access is restricted to authorised staff only. We have computer and network security on our remote peripherals. Billing data is encrypted and access to your personal data by non staff members is password protected
We will take all reasonable steps to delete or permanently de-identify personal information we hold on you if you cease to be our client and we no longer need the information to finalise any outstanding matters.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In the normal course of business we will not disclose your personal information to any other party (other than contracted support services) without your consent. However, circumstances may arise where we will disclose your personal information without your consent. The circumstances include but are not limited to situations where disclosure is required to:
- comply with the law or in situations where we have reason to suspect that you are engaged in unlawful activity or improper conduct and we disclose your personal information as a necessary part of our investigation or to report our concerns to the relevant authorities;
- protect and defend our rights or property;
- enforce crucial terms of our agreements with you;
- sell our business or part of it; and
- prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life or safety or to the public safety generally.
Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
You can ask us to provide you with the personal information we hold on you. We will require you to provide identification to ensure you are who you say you are. We undertake to provide the information in a reasonable time and to correct any errors where the information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete. If you need to update your online billing details you can access your account details through Modernbill.
Personal Information on Children and Young People
- AUDA WHOIS Policy - Relevant information for .AU domain registrants.